The Rural Technology Initiative ceased operations in 2011. This site is maintained as an archive of works from RTI collaborators from 2000 to 2011 and is no longer updated.
Files Included in Pegger
pegger.avx..............The ArcView® extention
pegger.hlp...............Pegger WinHelp files
pegger.cnt...............Pegger WinHelp Contents file
tutorial.apr..............ArcView® Tutorial Project
Pegger has only been tested with Arcview 3.x on WinNT/2000/XP and Solaris 7/8 operating systems although ESRI assures me that it will work on all ArcView 3.x platforms.
Windows Installation Instructions
1) Download the Pegger setup files into a local directory (i.e. C:\temp).
2) Navigate to the directory where the files were downloaded and run Setup.exe.
3) Follow the directions in the setup to install Pegger.
4) A new item will be added to the Programs group called Pegger that can be accessed via the Start Menu.
5) That's it! Load the extension into Arcview by selecting it from the extention dialog in Arcview.
6) A tutorial was also installed in the ArcView installation directory (i.e. C:\ESRI\AV_GIS30\AVTUTOR\PEGGER\)
Solaris Installation Instructions
1) Uncompress pegger.tar.gz using gzip and tar.
2) Copy the pegger.avx file to the Arcview extensions directory named "Ext" located in the Arcview installation directory. (i.e. /d0/Arcview3/ext/)
3) Copy pegger.hlp and pegger.cnt into the Help directory in the Arcview installation directory. (i.e. /d0/Arcview/help)
4) Edit the arcview.cnt file in the help directory (i.e. /d0/Arcview/help):
5) Copy the shapefiles and the tutorial.apr file to the AVTUTOR directory (i.e. /d0/Arcview/AvTutor) or any other conveinient directory.
6) That's it! Load the extension into Arcview by selecting it from the extension dialog in Arcview.